Thursday, February 26, 2009

God's delay is not a denial...

I have to keep telling myself that. A lot. Over and over and over again. I work. I work a lot. I work all the time. But for what? I pay rent, utilities, my car, insurance, food, a little bit of entertainment, and all the extras for the boys. Jordan's sports, Joey's school (not an extra a neccesity)...



There's one thing I want but can't have, it seems no matter how hard I work. That is my own home. Don't get me wrong, I love my neighborhood and if I could buy my own house and plop it right on this lot I would be in hog heaven. But I can't do that. I can't even buy a house. Even with prices like they are I couldn't afford the payment on my own.



There's a perfect one out there for me right now. It's right next door to my mom's house, it's a nice house for a nice price, but not something I can do.



So I pray, every day, that some way, some how I can someday own my very own home. I'm almost 40 years old so I need it to come soon or what's the point? So every day after I pray, I tell myself, God's delay is not a denial.



I have to believe that, I just do.

No comments: