Thursday, August 26, 2010

Wow!!! It's been a while!!!

Well I haven't been here in what seems like forever and a day. So much has happened and I don't think I can fit it all in here tonight. My health is good, my boys and my grandson are good, and most of my family good.

Today was a very sad day, my Aunt Shirley, my mom's oldest and only remaining sister passed away last Saturday and today was the day we said goodbye. She has been ill for a very long time and while I'm so glad she is no longer in pain I am going to miss her so very much. She was such a huge part of my life and to say she influenced me a lot would be an understatement.

She gave me my name (Mary Yvonne, Shirley Yvonne) and a sense of what it is to be a strong, independant, woman. We had an issue a couple of years ago but I know she loved me and I loved her.

I spent my summers at her house as a child with my cousins, who are more like siblings to me, and it breaks my heart to see their pain, a pain that comes with losing someone who meant the world to you.

My mom is being strong but I know she is dying inside, they were very close and my mom helped take care of her and did everything she could for her. She was there when she took her very last breath and I think in a way it comforts her to know she saw all that pain just disappear.

It's amazing how we can sometimes take the people in our lives for granted and how we can hurt each other over little non important things. While I don't plan on being perfect in life, lol who is, I am learning that you can't change people and you certainly can't make them be what you feel or think they should be. All you can do is take care of you and be yourself. Those who matter won't mind, and those who mind DON'T matter. Very cliche but so very true.

So after a long draining day I'm signing off and trying to get some sleep. God Bless, and take care.

No comments: