Friday, August 15, 2008

Another Surgery

Well here's an update for all... well both... of my readers. LOL I had an appointment with my surgeon the wonderful Dr. Grace Tay. When I had my post op she was on vacation visiting with Micky Mouse and the gang down south. But I was told waiting for her wouldn't harm me and since I'm so comfortable with her that is what I chose to do.

She has a wonderful way of explaining things to me that make me very relaxed and confident. While I do have to have surgery again, this Monday (08/18/08 6 a.m.) she is very optimistic that things will be ok. They have to go in and remove a little more tissue. No wire to guide this time but I will have a little more healing time since there is a bigger chance for infection. I will be off work for two weeks but that's ok. Whatever it takes to make me healthy.

The actual term for what I have is DCIS which stands for Ductal Carcinoma In Situ. One of the websites that I found explains it all very well (http://www.breastcancer.org/symptoms/dcis/), I've been doing lots of research.

The fact that it is non invasive is very promising. After the surgery I will have to see an onocologist and then my case will be examined and we will go over the next course of treatment. I will find out soon if I have to have radiation and how much, meds and what and how long.

So wish me well and know that I am being very positive, so much so that people are worried I am too calm (no I have not been put on anti-depressants as many people think)... I just know getting excited will not help and I need to do what has to be done to get myself 100% healthy.

No comments: