Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Good news mixed with some bad news...

First the good news, I went to the dr. today and she walked in the door and first thing she said was the news is good. The pathology came back and they got it all out the second time around. Yay!!! I was happy to hear that. So my next question was where do I go from here.

She made me an appointment with my oncologist and I go there on Thursday... It will be up to him to review my case and see with my age, the testing on my tissue, and other things that drs test if I have to have radiation and/or take medication as a follow up. But as long as I don't have any more surgeries I will be glad to do whatever they tell me. I did have a little infection around the incision and she thinks it is due to my skin having a bad reaction to the tape they used. But to be safe she put me on Augmentin an antibiotic and I have an extra week off work.

And speaking of work, here's the bad news. I used up my sick leave from the last time I had surgery and so I put in a request for Catastrophic Leave Donation at work. Well the people who process that paperwork do it on a volunteer basis and no on did it last week so even though I was approved, it won't go into affect until the next period. So that means I have 28 hours of a normal 40 hour week that I can get paid for before disability kicks in. (Damn that 7 day waiting period!!!) So with that plus I get no sick time from Penney's I'm going to be screwed for a wihle.

And of course it's at my heaviest bill time. I do my bills in sections... My rent car insurance and PG&E bill on one paycheck (which is the one I'm going to be short on), then on the other one I do my car payment, the cell phones, my credit cards (ok I only have two but that's still $40 a month), and my satellite and internet/phone bill. I do have Joey who pays his own car insurance and cell phone bill and he buys groceries and stuff, but he also just spent a fortune on books and fees for Delta so I don't want him to worry (hence why I chose to not share this info with him)...

I feel so bad that he has to pay for his own college stuff, I mean I try to help as much as possible but according to the financial aid people I make too much money to get help... Ummmmm, I'd like them to show me where all this money is I make, because I'd like to spend it. LOL

Oh well I am not going to let that get me down. I'll manage, I always do. Nothing can take away my excitement of the dr. walking in and saying "Good news!!!" I'll post again Thursday on that appointment.

Yippeeeee!!!!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh I am so happy the news is good. Praise God! I know finances can be stressful, but it will work out. I will keep you in my prayers as always. Keep me posted!