Saturday, November 1, 2008

I'm done I graduated!!!! And I got new BRAS!!!

Well on Friday I went in for my radiation appointment wondering if it was going to be my last. Well it was!!!!!! Yes, I was so excited I can't even tell you how happy I was. While all the people are really nice, from the receptionists, to the nurse, to the doctor but especially the technicians. They were awesome and I appreciated all they did for me.


I got a certificate and a little graduation bear which I thought was great!

It says Mary Franks has completed the prescribed course of Radiation Therapy with a high order of proficiency in the science and art of being cheerful, outstanding in courage, tolerant and determined in all endeavors. Then it has all of my technicians names and signed by the doctor.

It's not often I'm called cheerful. LOL

Well when this all started I was in dire need of some new bras. I hate to shop for most clothes, bras included. It's not easy for me to buy thing or find things I like that fit or look ok since I'm NOT a small girl. Well after my surgeries all I could wear were sports bras. Those suckers are expensive so I only got two. I alternated them, washed them, and hated them. I had to wear tank tops under most of my shirts because you could see the bras. Well now I'm ok to wear "real & normal" bras. So shopping I went.


Imagine my surprise when I went into work at Penney's today hell bent on buying me some bras after work no matter what I had to spend, and saw that they were on morning doorbuster. Talk about luck. Not only were all the bras on sale for $17.99 we had coupons for if you spend $50 you get $10 off or if you spend $75 you get $15 off, PLUS my 20% discount. Life is great.


So I bought me 5 new bras to bring home and try on and I decided to pick 3 to keep. It was too hot in the store to try them on there and I wanted to be able to check them out really good before deciding. I actually got $30/$35 bras for $11.99 each.

Now there is a difference in the way they fit because of course after the tissue removal my right breast is a little bit smaller now and shaped different. But it's there, it's healthy, and soon will be almost back to normal skin wise (I'm REALLY peeling) so that's just a little price to pay.

I thank God and all the doctors and all my family and friends for getting me through this. I still have issues to deal with but for now I'm feeling great!

3 comments:

Trish said...

I'm so glad to hear it is OVER!! Don't forget though, Saturday is breast cancer night at Stockton Thunders. So wear your pink. See you Saturday.

Casey's trio said...

Hooray for you! I'm so glad you graduated:)

Jessica said...

Awesome!! How great that they gave you a certificate and everything! Glad you got some deals on bras too:)